"aching, grieving beauty" II
the most poignant lines in the song:
And I rationed my breaths as I said to myself
That I’ve already taken too much today
As each descending peak on the LCD
Took you a little farther away from me
Amongst the vending machines and year-old magazines
In a place where we only say goodbye
the imagery and description just jumps at you, and suddenly you are in the scene. You smell the sterile hospital air, where the the bright lights never sleep. the quiet beep of the life machine, wan faces and hollow eyes that follow the passing visitor. nothing ever happens. a few people bustle around looking busy, but they have a funny expression on their stretched faces.the children have frightened eyes. shuffling feet. low, muffled voices, stiffled sobs, always in the next room, round that corner where you can't see but can always hear, dreading. Please let that not be me.
your heart feels numb, holding it in. the dam cannot break.
And I rationed my breaths as I said to myself
That I’ve already taken too much today
As each descending peak on the LCD
Took you a little farther away from me
Amongst the vending machines and year-old magazines
In a place where we only say goodbye
the imagery and description just jumps at you, and suddenly you are in the scene. You smell the sterile hospital air, where the the bright lights never sleep. the quiet beep of the life machine, wan faces and hollow eyes that follow the passing visitor. nothing ever happens. a few people bustle around looking busy, but they have a funny expression on their stretched faces.the children have frightened eyes. shuffling feet. low, muffled voices, stiffled sobs, always in the next room, round that corner where you can't see but can always hear, dreading. Please let that not be me.
your heart feels numb, holding it in. the dam cannot break.
1 Comments:
i love you
Post a Comment
<< Home