make my life a holy praise
as i sang this song on sunday, what struck me was the last line "make my life a holy praise onto you'--it struck me anew that "life" does not only mean 'spiritual life' or 'sunday life', or 'church life' but every minute detail and every mundane minute of my life. even my times of wanting to complain, my times of stress or of anger--these are to be made a holy praise unto Him--how scary is that! how profaned and defiled have my days and months and years been to Him! conversely, how sacred each moment now seems!
this song is so apt a reminder, and so apt an anthem for me who desperately need to pledge my love anew and come to Him on bended knee in humility and in contrite repentance. yet how unfeeling and hardened my heart! O Holy Spirit--only Thou art able to turn my heart toward Him whom i love, only Thou art able to graft me back to the vine again. the branch cannot be apart from the vine, apart from Him we can do nothing. apart from Him, i cannot, and do not live.
On bended knee I come
With a humble heart I come
Bowing down before Your holy throne
Lifting holy hands to You
As I pledge my love anew
I worship You in spirit I worship You in truth
Make my life a holy praise unto You
On bended knee I come
With a broken heart I come
Bowing down before Your holy throne
As I look upon Your face
Show Your mercy and Your grace
Change my life, oh Holy Spirit
Make it fresh and ever new
Make my life a holy sacrifice to You
this song is so apt a reminder, and so apt an anthem for me who desperately need to pledge my love anew and come to Him on bended knee in humility and in contrite repentance. yet how unfeeling and hardened my heart! O Holy Spirit--only Thou art able to turn my heart toward Him whom i love, only Thou art able to graft me back to the vine again. the branch cannot be apart from the vine, apart from Him we can do nothing. apart from Him, i cannot, and do not live.
On bended knee I come
With a humble heart I come
Bowing down before Your holy throne
Lifting holy hands to You
As I pledge my love anew
I worship You in spirit I worship You in truth
Make my life a holy praise unto You
On bended knee I come
With a broken heart I come
Bowing down before Your holy throne
As I look upon Your face
Show Your mercy and Your grace
Change my life, oh Holy Spirit
Make it fresh and ever new
Make my life a holy sacrifice to You
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home