light on the lampstand
You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. --Matthew 7: 14-16
This verse has really stuck with me and has come back to me again and again this half a year. I've been living like a zombie, seemingly alive, yet dead. I have been living someone else's life, not my own. At least, not the life i am called to lead.
"Conduct yourself in a manner worthy of Christ."
I have been far from this. I am a light that has faded, salt that has lost its saltiness. How can i make any difference, how can i shine like stars for him? Rather, i am consumed in darkness.
My heart aches with a strange longing tonight. i long to be clean again, to be full again, to be living once more that abundant life that one lives when he/she is connected to the Living Water. i long to be different, not just to shine, but to flood the place with light.
Valley of dry bones. He breathed life into the dead bones. breathe life into me once more, O Lord. True life, and life abundant.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me" --John 14:6
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but have the light of life" --John 8: 12
This verse has really stuck with me and has come back to me again and again this half a year. I've been living like a zombie, seemingly alive, yet dead. I have been living someone else's life, not my own. At least, not the life i am called to lead.
"Conduct yourself in a manner worthy of Christ."
I have been far from this. I am a light that has faded, salt that has lost its saltiness. How can i make any difference, how can i shine like stars for him? Rather, i am consumed in darkness.
My heart aches with a strange longing tonight. i long to be clean again, to be full again, to be living once more that abundant life that one lives when he/she is connected to the Living Water. i long to be different, not just to shine, but to flood the place with light.
Valley of dry bones. He breathed life into the dead bones. breathe life into me once more, O Lord. True life, and life abundant.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me" --John 14:6
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but have the light of life" --John 8: 12
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home