the road not taken
It seems that i have been doing a double bill lately. I should document the process a bit more rather than the product of each struggle. Every entry, a milestone, some revisited, some overcome. Last entry was pre-disciple. This is post-.
A. Sarah shared this and I want to document this so that I can remind myself of it.
"Becoming a Christian is not about becoming a better person, it is becoming a new person."
Becoming a Christian means you recognise that there is another road and I don't have to sin.
I don't have to slide down that slippery slope anymore because my chains are broken and I am free.
Most of us know we are free. but i don't act like i am. i forget that i are and i allow myself to be blinded to the other road. i believe the deception that i am destined to fall. i am sinful. it is my human nature. i can never break through this cycle (Lifehouse's "Sick Cycle Carousel" says it so well).
for the first time, i realise the power of that recognition. that recognition that is an acceptance of Christ's work on the cross, not about how good i am in resisting temptaion or how good i am about not sinning. the acceptance that claims that victory won for myself. me. Jesus did it, and that was for me.
i don't have to sin.
A. Sarah shared this and I want to document this so that I can remind myself of it.
"Becoming a Christian is not about becoming a better person, it is becoming a new person."
Becoming a Christian means you recognise that there is another road and I don't have to sin.
I don't have to slide down that slippery slope anymore because my chains are broken and I am free.
Most of us know we are free. but i don't act like i am. i forget that i are and i allow myself to be blinded to the other road. i believe the deception that i am destined to fall. i am sinful. it is my human nature. i can never break through this cycle (Lifehouse's "Sick Cycle Carousel" says it so well).
for the first time, i realise the power of that recognition. that recognition that is an acceptance of Christ's work on the cross, not about how good i am in resisting temptaion or how good i am about not sinning. the acceptance that claims that victory won for myself. me. Jesus did it, and that was for me.
i don't have to sin.
1 Comments:
My chains are gone,
I've been set free.
My Lord my Saviour,
Has rescued me.
And like a flood,
You fill the place.
Unending love,
Amazing grace.
this is an additional part to the hymn 'amazing grace' that my church sings. thought i might share it =).
Post a Comment
<< Home