Complete
Was battling a series of discouragements, and finding it hard to shut myself to the lies of the evil one. How do I walk on when it seems like it doesn't pay?
The Hebrews 12 heroes did not receive what was promised when they died. "They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."
Faith that is long-term and looks towards the future enables me to serve God with reckless abandon cos He will protect me. I only need to be faithful. What freedom, that I don't have to guard my turf! He who commands the stars and the waves of the sea guards me, behind and before. If God is for me, what can mortal man do to me?
Here I am, Oh God
I bring this sacrifice--my open heart.
I offer up my life.
I look to You, Lord.
Your love that never ends
Restores me again
So I lift my eyes to you Lord
And by faith, I will walk on, Lord
Then I'll see beyond my calvary one day,
And I will be complete in..
I look to You, Lord
Your love that never ends
Restores me again
So I lift my eyes to you Lord
In your strength will I break through Lord
Touch me now, let your love fall down on me
I know your love dispels all my fears.
Through the storm I will hold on Lord
And I pray I will hold on, Lord
Then I'll see beyond my calvary one day
And I will be complete in
I will be complete in
I will be complete in You
--Parachute Band "Complete"
"Now we see but a poor reflection, then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."
--1 Corinthians 13:12
The Hebrews 12 heroes did not receive what was promised when they died. "They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."
Faith that is long-term and looks towards the future enables me to serve God with reckless abandon cos He will protect me. I only need to be faithful. What freedom, that I don't have to guard my turf! He who commands the stars and the waves of the sea guards me, behind and before. If God is for me, what can mortal man do to me?
Here I am, Oh God
I bring this sacrifice--my open heart.
I offer up my life.
I look to You, Lord.
Your love that never ends
Restores me again
So I lift my eyes to you Lord
And by faith, I will walk on, Lord
Then I'll see beyond my calvary one day,
And I will be complete in..
I look to You, Lord
Your love that never ends
Restores me again
So I lift my eyes to you Lord
In your strength will I break through Lord
Touch me now, let your love fall down on me
I know your love dispels all my fears.
Through the storm I will hold on Lord
And I pray I will hold on, Lord
Then I'll see beyond my calvary one day
And I will be complete in
I will be complete in
I will be complete in You
--Parachute Band "Complete"
"Now we see but a poor reflection, then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."
--1 Corinthians 13:12
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home