Friday, February 22, 2008

To Live is Christ

A few people commented that I haven't been blogging...and yes it has been a while. They ask me why my blog is all about God...but what else can I write about? What can I possibly have to say that is anything new or exciting or creative, except what is true? Who else has saved me, loves me unconditionally and has given me a destiny to live (and die) for?

Lent is in its 2nd week and I still have some way to go in terms of spending more time in prayer. Fasting from internet tv has been great though.

Was feeling anxious, kinda sad and worried about work, comparing with others and feeling rather useless and under-performing. Feeling like Honours year all over again, when I struggled so much to keep perspective. Thanks be to God that now at least I know to run to Him and to get my perspective from Him. I know I had to look at the heavenly kingdom and trust Him, but trusting gets so hard sometimes when reality stares hard in your face. Was praying really hard for peace when God spoke to me and settled the question.

He whispered: "Whatever purpose the others have, yours is determined by me. I am the one who determines your mission, charts your progress, and decides whether it will continue and when it shall end. Till then, you are only to do my part in faith and to obey what I have called you to do."

What glorious freedom, that my mission is not in getting As and outstripping everyone else in brilliance or scheming for the highest pay/pb etcetcetc, but to obey my Father and do the work He has called me to do.

"My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish his work." John 4:34

To Live is Christ
--Parachute Band

I make a vow

My life will always honour Christ
Whether I live or die

I belong to Him
He bore my sin
I owe this life to my saving King

Hallelujah, I am not my own
You are in control
Hallelujah

For me to live is Christ
And to die is gain
No matter what price I pay
I choose to give this life away

Only by the cross I am saved

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home